It’s one thing to look at a magazine and fall in love with a look. But sometimes when it all comes together, it’s just not us.
Finding the looks that we love can be fun and also stressful, especially if we have just moved. Here are a few thoughts on how to making your house feel like your home:
- Choose colors that make you smile. Whether it’s the colors of the walls or the furniture, it should feel like you.
- With everything being electronic, we only see pictures on our phones these days. Print and frame some of your favorites so that you have great memories all around you.
- Consider your lighting. If you like things bright, you’ll want lighter colored curtains to let in natural light, if you like it dark, the reverse. Lamps and overhead lighting can give you the look you love.
- Set your personality loose. If you have a fun hobby or quiet obsession, express it here in your safe space.
- Keeping things tidy can be tough for anyone, so make life easier with cool baskets to store extra pillows, blankets toys or games.
- Take your time finding those special pieces. You don’t have to fill every area right away. It’s nice to search for treasures to add your home over time.
- Art doesn’t have to be expensive to be the highlight of your room. All that matters is that you love it. Frame a print or tapestry or kids art that you cherish and hang it with pride.
No matter your style, make your home an expression of who you are and what you love! Explore more England Furniture pieces today!